OCR to Train SAGs on HIPAA
CEs and BAs Beware!
OCR (Office for Civil Rights) is taking a major step in enforcing HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules as promised by the HITECH Act by providing training courses to State Attorneys General. Here are the cities and dates for 2011:
Dallas, Texas – April 4th and 5th
Atlanta, Georgia – May 9th and 10th
Washington, DC (metro area) – May 19th and 20th
San Francisco, CA – June 13th and 14th
Topics will include:
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules Introduction
- HITECH Act’s impact on HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Techniques for investigating, identifying and prosecuting potential violations
- HIPAA State Law Review
- The role of OCR’s enforcement of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Role and responsibility of SAG (State Attorneys General) under HIPAA and HITECH
- Resources for SAG to enable pursuit of HIPAA violations
- HIPAA Enforcement Support and Results
More than ever, compliance is not an option. Whether you need training or tools to become HIPAA compliant, you need to take steps now: learn more here.
Posted on March 15, 2011, in HIPAA, News and tagged BAs, business associates, CEs, covered entities, healthcare informatics, healthcare information technology, HIPAA, HIPAA compliance, HIPAA Security and Privacy, HIPAA Security Policy Templates, HIPAA Training, HIPAA violations, HIT, HIT News, HITECH Act, OCR, Office for Civil Rights, SAG, State Attorneys General. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.